Most of these artworks have acrylic impasto giving a three-dimensional aspect to the works. Usually, they are created using various palette knives giving a rich thick feel. Although a few are airbrushed which produces intense colours as well as subtlety.
- Golden Rectangles explores the Golden rule – the rectangles in this work are scaled according to the golden rule
- Machinery 1, is a realistic abstract, in that the machinery looks realistic but doesn’t really exist
- Machinery 2, is the same machinery seen from 90 degrees
- Wind is exploring the feeling of wind through the leaves
- Ross River Fever is a vision whilst in the grip of the fever in the night
- Coaster Girl is based on a doodle on the back of a beer coaster
- Red is a watercolour experiment
Like my Soundscapes these artworks are signed Johnot. The reason for that is; over the years I have produced hundreds of artworks, mainly as an illustrator, that are signed JNMason and I wanted to distinguish my fine artworks from my illustrations and realistic artwork.